Friday, February 27, 2015

How to make a Dr. Seuss T-shirt


And this mess is so big,
And so deep and so tall,
We cannot pick it up,
There's no way at all!
                                Dr. Seuss








Let me honest, I never knew when Dr. Seuss' birthday was until my kids started school.  Monday, March 2nd is Dr. Seuss' birthday and my 2nd grader will be celebrating his birthday at school. So, I thought I would make a t-shirt for her to wear to school that day.


What you need:

  • White t-shirt
  • Iron-on Quick Fuse (I found mine at Joanne Fabric)
  • Printer
  • Red satin ribbon


What to do:


1.  Select a Dr. Seuss image and save to a Word document. I found my image on Google.  

2. Print your selected image onto the Quick Fuse paper.



3. Cut out your image and iron on to your white t-shirt

4.  Ruffle your red ribbon. Using the longest stitch on your sewing machine sew down the middle of the ribbon. You will have two loose ends of string,  pull the loose string sliding the bunched ribbon down creating the ruffle.






5. Begin stitching the ruffle to each red section of the hat. I hand stitched the ruffles on.



6. Make a bow and hand stitch over the image.



 XOXO
Randi
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...