Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Did I really not do anything today?



Do you ever have days when it feels like you get nothing done except tend to children? I am pretty sure I stopped every task I started today at least 10 times. I either refilled a drink for someone, got the baby off of the back of the couch, got a snack for someone, got the baby of the back of the recliner, made lunch for everyone, got the baby off of the ottoman, refilled drinks again along with countless other things. I swear I was busy all day today or at least my body and my mind feel like it.


Being a mom is a total mental game. It tests our ability to cope with a wide range of issues and our mental endurance sometimes without giving us a break. We are truly stronger than we think. Weather we acknowledge it or not we deal with a lot on a daily basis, some of us more than others. We have lives therefore we can have spouses, houses, work, kids, bills; along with a million other things going on. Please don’t think that I don’t know that our spouses also usually have a great deal on their plate to manage as well. My “stay-at-home mom” worries are often different than my husband’s worries, but nevertheless they are still MY worries that need dealt with. My sanity depends on it.


 Please let me add to my credibility a little, so that you don't think I am "just whining" and inexperienced. Let me say that my husband and I have four children. A boy who is 9 years old and three girls aged 7, 4 and 17 months. So, when I say I understand the craziness of everyday life, I am not just blowing smoke. We can juggle at any one time both boys and girls baseball/softball games and their practices, soccer games, and school activities such as plays and projects. And, those activities are on top of the everyday school homework of reading, spelling words and math, which can sometimes be harder than some of my college courses were. I’m sure if you have school-aged children you’ve already realized that mathematics is no longer straight forward or the way that you learned it. It’s all about drawing pictures and using tens groups just to arrive to the answer of 12. When I was in school, I would have simply just written the numbers down and then solved the problem. However, that is just not the way it is done these days. Therefore, I am learning basic addition and subtraction in my thirties. I'm sorry I digress.


But,  as I look around...I can see folded piles of clean laundry, the dishes are put away, dinner is ready to be prepared and everyone is content. So, I guess I accomplished more today than I first realized.

  If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...