Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Art Appreciation Leads to Mom's Appreciation





 You know the feeling when you open up your child's book bag and see a note "To the parents of..."  Usually, that either means your child did something naughty, that help is needed or something needs donated.  This time it was help that was needed at the school to set up for the annual Art Show for 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders . Despite being busy and not an ideal day to help out, I knew I would regret it if I didn't.

Boy, am I glad I went!   Not only did we transform the plain brick walls of the hallways into a more colorful interesting place to walk, but the art was beautiful.  The art teacher put a great deal of thought into the lessons she teaches.  They created their impressions of a Starry Night, impressionism, cubism, portraits, paper mach`e masks of characters such as Hello Kitty, Donald Duck, and Batman, just to name a few.  For as young as they are, there were some very awesome pieces!

I love being able to be a stay-at-home mom! It allows me to be able to participate in many things that I might not otherwise experience.


Tell me about your proud mommy moment!


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...