Thursday, April 2, 2015

DIY Bathroom Towel Rack






I saw this design for a  towel rack  in a magazine and fell in love with it. So, as with most of my construction projects, I recruited the skills of my husband.  


WHAT YOU NEED:
  • (3) boards 3 1/2" W x 24" L  (I used old pallet boards)
  • (4) towel hooks in your desired finish
  • (4) Flat braces
  • White Acrylic Paint
  • Picture hanging hardware



WHAT TO DO:

1. Cut boards to length of 24"
2. Place the back of towel rack facing upward and attach the flat braces to the bottom of board 1 then secure board 1 to top of board 2.  
3. Repeat step two to attach board 2 to board 3.



4. Attach the hanging hardware slightly down from the top (approx. 1 1/2")
5. If using weathered wood to give a more rustic look, sand edges and various spots on the fronts of the boards. This will give it a more distressed appearance.
6. Using acrylic paint - paint "towels" in the middle of the towel rack

  





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...