Friday, April 3, 2015

The Easter Eggs Saga



I always get so excited when I think about coloring Easter eggs with the kids!    Each year, I set up the table and lay out the eggs for each of the kids, so they won't argue.  I put the cups with the dye, glitter, stickers and wax crayons in the middle so everyone can reach them.  Each child has their own egg dipper so that they don't have to share.  The table is organized and thought out.

I call the kids over...it's finally time to dye the Easter eggs.  It never goes as I imagine it.  A child shouts " My egg isn't bright enough!"   A few eggs later, another child asks "Do have have to color ALL of these eggs, I'm bored?"  Then I hear a slight disagreement that one child is copying off of another.  By the end, the table looks like an Easter basket exploded. The kids are stained with dye and by that point I am just hoping that all the eggs have at least some color on them.

But, I know next year just like the years before, I will be excited to color Easter eggs with the kids.  I will again set up the table and lay out the eggs for each of the kids, so they won't argue.  I will put the cups with the dye, glitter, stickers and wax crayons in the middle so everyone can reach them.  Each child will get their own egg dipper so that they don't have to share.  The table will organized and thought out. And then, chaos will erupt just as it has done before.






If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...