Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mom's Minute # 1 -- Anna


I saw this type of feature on a few other blogs and absolutely loved the idea of celebrating Moms.   I know that we are very busy being mom and we sometimes forget about ourselves. So, I would like to take the opportunity to honor you as a woman & as a mother.

I created Mom's Minute to introduce the world to the woman behind it all. Because you are an amazing person, not just a mom.

So it is my pleasure to introduce...Anna







Tell us a little about yourself.
           My name is Anna, I am a wife of a teacher and a teacher myself. I am currently on maternity leave with my second daughter. I am Canadian and live on the West Coast of Canada (Victoria, BC). My older daughter is Amelia and she is 2. My youngest is Molly and she is 7 months old. My husband Jamie and I got married here in Victoria and went to New York City on our honeymoon (which is our favorite place!). I love decorating cakes, running, chalk painting, hosting parties and wish I had time to paint!






What is your favorite food?
          My favourite food is probably cheese. You can do amazing things with cheese and it goes perfectly with wine!  It can be served elegantly on slate at a fancy dinner party, simply on a delicious cracker or melted in a mouth-watering panini.   The options are endless and I don't think I can go without it.

How would you describe your clothing style
            I was actually thinking the other day that I bet there are so many other moms that have the same problem...my style is stuck in the year that I had my first child! Priority always goes to my girls so I don’t really seem to ever get anything new. My typical mom-attire while I am at home with my babies is jeans or leggings, t-shirt, cardigan and Toms. Pretty boring if you ask me!

What was one thing you did regularly before having children?
           My husband and I would work out together all the time. I really miss it! Either the gym or go on runs together.

Describe your parenting Style...ie strict, structured, laid back, easy going
           Both my husband and I are pretty strict. We expect great manners and don’t stand for misbehaviour; however, we try to let our toddler be a true kid and use teachable moments rather than just discipline or use consequences. We also don’t try to coddle or overprotect her too much. I can totally see us being more relaxed with our second though! I guess that always happens LOL.

Tell us about a proud mommy moment.
           I think the most incredible moment I have had as a mother is when Amelia met Molly for the first time. Amelia is a bouncy and enthusiastic ball of energy, but when she came into the hospital I will never forget her little face. She was so serious and sat there so still holding her new baby sister. I have never seen her so gentle and proud herself. It was such a special moment and I am so proud to call them both my little darlings.




What is the hardest thing about being a mom?
           I think the hardest part about being a mom is not knowing what ‘the best’ thing is to do in different situations. In everything else that I have done in my life, there has always been another person above me or someone who knew more than me about something. I have been able to get the right answer to whatever I needed to know. As a mom, you can Google something, ask a friend or call your mom; however, no one is going to have the right answer for your particular child. You are the one in the end that has to make hard calls about absolutely everything. It’s a lot of pressure and I always seem to second guess myself about doing the ‘right’ thing for my babies. I am getting better about putting so much pressure on myself but it is definitely hard.


What is something that you have learned from your children?
           I have learned to be more positive about myself. I have always had a hard time feeling great about my body specifically; but now that I have 2 little girls who look up to me and will see, hear and observe absolutely everything I do and say, I know I need to show them that I am a confident about myself. I know they are super small, but I want them to grow up thinking that their mom feels great about herself. It has helped me already and like the saying goes, “fake it till you make it”!






Thank you Anna for sharing with us!  It was a pleasure reading your answers. You have a wonderful family with 2 adorable little girls! 

If you would like to find out more about Anna please visit her blog All My Kids in a Row. You can chat with her on Twitter and Facebook and follow her on Pinterest and Instagram.



I would love to celebrate you,  so if you are interested in being featured on Mom's Minute please Contact me or tweet me @MrsSheetsandCo to find out more! 


XOXO
Randi


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...