Thursday, May 21, 2015

DIY Burlap Table Runner




I am absolutely in love with burlap and all of its uses!

WHAT YOU NEED:
  • Burlap {Either the size of your table or slightly shorter-as I have done}
  • Give Thanks stencil  {You can also purchase individual letters}
  • Exacto knife {To cut out the stencil}
  • Spray Adhesive
  • Permanent marker or craft paint

WHAT TO DO:

1. Cut your burlap to your desired length

2. Cut out your Give Thanks stencil {For the letter "A"  leave a tab so that the middle of the "A" will not be filled in with color -- see the next pic to see what I'm talking about}


3. Use spray adhesive on the back of the stencil and press stencil onto the burlap in your desired location. Another option for placement could be on one end facing the edge of the table.


4.  For this step it is personal preference.  I wanted more of a worn look to my lettering so I used a black permanent marker to fill in each letter.  You could use craft paint if desired and a sponge brush to apply the paint.  {Fill in the "A" where the tab was left to complete the letter}




Please check back to see what other burlap projects I have tried.  




If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...