Sunday, May 31, 2015

Mom's Minute #4 -- Sara


I saw this type of feature on a few other blogs and absolutely loved the idea of celebrating Moms.   I know that we are very busy being mom and we sometimes forget about ourselves. So, I would like to take the opportunity to honor you as a woman & as a mother.

I created Mom's Minute to introduce the world to the woman behind it all. Because you are an amazing person, not just a mom .

So it is my pleasure to introduce...Sara







Tell us a little about yourself.
         Hi! I'm Sara.  I live in San Diego Ca with my 3 children and my husband whom I affectionately refer to as my "sexy beast." Life is busy and I wouldn't have it any other way.

What is your favorite food?
         Living only 30 minutes from the Mexican border, my favorite food would have to be Mexican.  Beans, rice, tortillas, salsa, seafood, carnitas, cilantro, jalapeños etc.  You name it!  I could eat it all day everyday... and now I'm hungry.  

How would you describe your clothing style
         My clothing style is Eclectic I guess.  I like to pair neutrals with one eye popping color (usually green because it's my favorite.)  I love my skinny jeans and am a sucker for necklaces and other fun accessories (scarves, hats etc)

What was one thing you did regularly before having children?
          Before I had children I danced.  I began dancing at age 6 and continued throughout college.  Performing ballet, jazz and hip hop. When I had kids the dancing went out the window.

Describe your parenting Style...ie strict, structured, laid back, easy going
           My parenting style is definitely structured and somewhat strict. I believe in leading by example and that I am a parent first and a friend later. We are extremely busy with extracurricular activities and club sports and without structure and organization, it would be chaos. I can't do chaos.

Tell us about a proud mommy moment.
          I have many proud mommy moments. When my children demonstrate kindness and courtesy in the presence of strangers, I feel like I must be doing something right.  The signs of chivalry from my 4 yr old son also makes me happy.  Chivalry is not dead!   Oh, and when one of my kids scores a winning goal on the soccer field...that's pretty freaking cool too.

What is the hardest thing about being a mom?
         The most difficult thing about being a mom?...I can only pick one? Patience. I have none to speak of so it makes it that much more difficult for me.  I am also an only child so I am new to this sibling rivalry and constant bickering and I'm not a fan.


What is something that you have learned from your children?
       I have learned a lot about love from my children; unconditional love.  My children have also reminded me to love myself more because they love me and think I'm pretty cool. Also, to not take life too seriously.  I tend to get wrapped up in the "must do's" of life and stress out, but then one of the kids farts and laughs hysterically for an extended period of time or says something ridiculous and it helps me to snap out of my funk.




Thank you so much Sara for sharing. I could definitely relate to several of your answers. You have a very beautiful family!


If you would like to learn more about Sara check out her blog Happy And Humble. You can chat with her Facebook or Twitter or follow her on Pinterest and Instagram.


I would love to celebrate you,  so if you are interested in being featured on Mom's Minute please Contact me or tweet me @MrsSheetsandCo to find out more! 


XOXO
Randi





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...