Sunday, June 7, 2015

Mom's Minute # 5 -- Gretta



I saw this type of feature on a few other blogs and absolutely loved the idea of celebrating Moms.   I know that we are very busy being mom and we sometimes forget about ourselves. So, I would like to take the opportunity to honor you as a woman & as a mother.

I created Mom's Minute to introduce the world to the woman behind it all. Because you are an amazing person, not just a mom.

So it is my pleasure to introduce...Gretta


Tell us a little about yourself.
      My name is Gretta,  I live in Tasmania, Australia.  I am married and have three girls aged 4 and under.  I love to cook, sew, crochet, organise and my newest found love is blogging!  I am totally obsessed with blogging and learning everything I can about it.

What is your favorite food?
      I am a terrible sweet tooth!  I have no willpower when it comes to sugary goodness.  In particular, chocolate, puddings and custard.

How would you describe your clothing style
     Whenever I am at home you will find me in track pants, a t-shirt and a hoodie.  Unless it’s after 7pm, and then I will be in PJ’s.  Any style that I have is very random.  I like bold colours and prints, jeans, skirts, cardi’s and knits and I almost always wear some sort of scarf and my pearl stud earrings. 

What was one thing you did regularly before having children?
        Travel.  Well maybe not as regularly as I might have wanted to but my husband and I loved backpacking overseas and have some fantastic memories of travelling on the cheap.  Our most memorable moment, a 12 hour overnight bus trip in Bolivia on a corrugated dirt road with an overflowing toilet.  Not all that pleasant at the time but hilarious to think of now!

Describe your parenting Style...ie strict, structured, laid back, easy going
          Structured, definitely structured!  We eat, sleep and play at the same times everyday, I have tried to go with the flow but that just totally stresses me out!  I blame the former Early Childhood Teacher in me.  I would also say that I can be quite strict about certain things but enjoy having fun and joking around with the kids too.

Tell us about a proud mommy moment.
        There are lots.  The first that comes to mind is when my Miss 4 wrote her name independently for the first time without any prompting.  She had been drawing and brought it over to show me and there was her name.  It never ceases to amaze me how children learn and pick things up so quickly.

What is the hardest thing about being a mom?
           Being needed 24/7.  I definitely struggle with this the most.  It is amazing how refreshed I feel after just having a few hours to myself doing what I want, when I want.
     
 What is something that you have learned from your children?
          I have learnt a lot about my personality that I didn’t know.  I have learnt that I am definitely more of a control freak than I realised!

Thank you so much Gretta!  I loved hearing about you and your family. I never would have made it backpacking that's for sure. I have enjoyed getting to know you.

If you would like to learn more about Gretta check out her blog Mumma Plus Three. You can chat with her Facebook or Twitter or follow her on Pinterest and Instagram.


I would love to celebrate you,  so if you are interested in being featured on Mom's Minute please Contact me or tweet me @MrsSheetsandCo to find out more! 


XOXO
Randi



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...