Thursday, November 26, 2015

DIY Distressed Jeans




As most of you have noticed, I'm sure, distressed ripped jeans are appearing all over Instagram as well as in many stores.  So, I thought I'd try my hand at distressing an old pair of skinny jeans that I managed to get on sale for only $12.00.  That way, it is either a huge win by getting a trendy pair of jeans without buying them or ruining a not so expensive pair of jeans.
  
So, altogether here is my #ootd my DIY Distressed jeans, my awesome SheIn grey sweater and my amazing Coach boots.



What you need:


Use the pen marks as a guide to cut your jeans.  You can make them as wide, or a skinny as you want. 

 Take your tweezers and pull out the vertical threads. This process will take some time.  If you try to rip them out in clumps, the threads will tear and fray, so please go slow.  Pulling them out one or two at a time works best.  And once you're done, it looks like this...




Make as many holes as you want - its all about what you want.


Once you have made all the holes and distressed the jeans to your satisfaction, I bleached the holes. Using a paint brush. I carefully applied bleach over the distressed areas.




Then wash, dry, and wear!

I hope you love your DIY distressed jeans as much as I love mine!

XOXO    
Randi





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...