Thursday, July 7, 2016

Her First Movie: Finding Dory

Image result for finding dory





Do you remember the first movie your child(ren) saw in theaters?  For my oldest, it was Where The Wild Things Are, which turned out to be the biggest mistake ever!  I was so excited about taking her to her first movie that I had even bought the book and we read it several times together before going to see it.  It was only during the showing of the dark and somewhat violent interpretation of the book that I realized I should have read reviews about the movie before seeing it with my 2 year old.  Somethings are better left to books when you're a child.

With that being said, I have certainly learned my lesson.  So, I am sharing my experience. Finding Dory is the perfect "starter" movie for the first time movie goer.  My 2 1/2 year old loved it!  It was great because she was already familiar with the characters from "Finding Nemo".  We saw it in 3D so the glasses kept her occupied while the possibility that objects would look closer kept her watching.   She actually manged to sit through the majority of the movie.  If it wasn't for all of the previews she would have sat through the whole thing.


“Finding Dory” has such a positive message.  It touches upon respecting and learning from other people’s differences in problem solving.  Marlin (Nemo's dad) realizes that his  often cautious nature does not always work, and that Dory’s impulsive nature is needed at times. The flashbacks to little Dory were absolutely adorable and "Baby Dory" as my little one called her quickly became a new favorite character.  The additional new characters were also fun to meet and learn about.   Another aspect that my little one picked up on was meeting Dory's mom and dad and how they taught her different songs and visual ques when she was little to help her with her forgetfulness.

I can't say enough good things about the movie.  I enjoyed watching it as an adult and love that my little one did to.  She was even able to talk to me about the movie the next day, so I know she was paying attention.

(E wearing her butter covered 3D glasses)



XOXO    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...