Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mom's Minute -- Special Edition



I saw this type of feature on a few other blogs and absolutely loved the idea of celebrating Moms.   I know that we are very busy being mom and we sometimes forget about ourselves. So, I would like to take the opportunity to honor you as a woman & as a mother.

I created Mom's Minute to introduce the world to the woman behind it all. Because you are an amazing person, not just a mom!

This Sunday, I thought what better Mom to feature than my very own!

So it is my pleasure to introduce...My mom, Candy



Tell us a little about yourself.
   Married for 35 years. Mother of 4 daughters, which includes a set of twins and grandmother of 7. My husband is a Mason and Shriner with the Ansar Shrine Center. he is presently on the line as 2nd Ceremonial which keeps US very busy traveling the state. Currently working full time as an Executive Assistant with plans to retire in about 2 1/2 years. Live in the country on a 3-acre rural estate in the house we built...literally. We have been working on the house for years; having built it new and now extensive remodeling. Asked once if we were done with the house yet, I told them if we were it would have a for sale sign in front.

Our "Old Time" Family photo

How would you describe your clothing style
    Sooooo last season. I developed a habit of shopping on the clearance rack when the girls were little. If I didn't make it to the sale, I never paid full price. Well, I do a lot more shopping now....following y husband to Shrine functions...but I still start at the clearance rack. 


What was one thing you did not do while having children at home? 
      Travel. I was a stay-at-home mom until the youngest (twins) were in school. Traveling was an expense we could not justify in the household expenses.
           
Tell us about a proud mommy moment.
       There is no one proud mommy moment. With 4 children each have had their moments; first word, first step, first day of school, graduation(s), weddings & grandbabies. Having them want to come home for the holidays & family events makes me believe that I have done something right. Seeing how each daughter has grown and become the adult they are today and having others notice it as well makes me proud. 

What is one piece of advice that you would tell mom's?
You are always and forever mom.

I was born Candy Spires, 
I married and became Candy Carroll.
My name may ave changed but once I became a mom.....that is forever.



Now please let me introduce you to ....Paula, my mother-in-law


Tell us a little about yourself.

      I am 62 years old and enjoy being retired with my sweet husband,Terry who just had his birthday April 29! Time flies by and you feel like it was only yesterday when you were chasing the kids thru the backyard. Now Shannon is living in Oahu , stand up surfing , snorkeling and hiking  and Joshua is protecting and serving as a Sargent on the Decatur Police force ! Terry worked for the railroad so he was gone a lot and I enjoyed that time hiking and cooking over the campfire with the children. I had to work full time out of town so every minute I had with my children was cherished.

Just look at the face of my husband who would not sleep the night before

How would you describe your parenting style
  I don't know that I had any particular 'parenting style' I just put Shannon and Josh first and stayed up late to finish my household tasks. I told them I loved them and trained them to be honest and good individuals. I taught them about  God and His purpose for us.
          
Tell us about a proud mommy moment.
      I was VERY PROUD   many times; when they both excelled at sports, their first dates, when they came to me for advice or approval. When Shannon received her business degree from Millikin and Joshua graduated from the Police Academy I almost couldn't breath from the pride I felt! And I cried when they graduated and moved away, but I knew they would do well.

What is one piece of advice that you would tell mom's?
    My advice to everyone is "While you are striving to meet the World's standards of "SUPER MOM" "SUPER WOMAN" SUPER WIFE" ..............DON'T FORGET TO LOVE THE MOMENT and YOURSELF"!!! After all..you are shaping the future.  


I would love to celebrate you,  so if you are interested in being featured on Mom's Minute please Contact me or tweet me @MrsSheetsandCo to find out more! 


XOXO
Randi


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...