Saturday, May 9, 2015

Out of Order!




Do you ever have an idea that you think is great, but once you execute it you wonder why you even bothered?  For me, that was yesterday. I thought it would be a good idea to switch my littlest daughter (E) and my oldest daughter's (M) bedrooms. 

You see, my middle daughter (Little M)  is a talker!  And, she shares a room with her older sister.  My middle daughter reminds me of Frozen's Anna.  "The sky's awake, so I'm awake!"  So, as you can imagine the two of them get in trouble for talking quite a bit. I have even caught Little M scaling up the bunk beds because she was trying to wake her sister and not get caught by me.  

So, my brilliant idea was to move E in with Little M and give my older daughter a room to herself. So, I began cleaning their rooms and dragging dressers into the hallways. This all started at 8:30 am.  My hope was to get this all done before the 2 older kids got home from school.  But, as you can imagine...it didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. We had to disassemble beds which, I waited for my husband to get home from work to help.  

When the bigger kids arrived home from school and the house was a disaster. I had two bedrooms almost completely empty so furniture and stuffed animals were everywhere! The kids wanted to play in the rooms I was working in so, I was constantly scolding someone. It was raining {of course}, so I couldn't send them outside to play, which would have been ideal. By now, it was 3:30pm.  I think by 5:00pm everyone had an assembled bed they could sleep in.

But, if you think it ended there, you are sadly mistaken.  Because not only did I have stuff still out that I didn't know what to do with, but Big M was so excited about her new room she couldn't sleep and had to come to my room to tell me about it and E {only being 19 mo.}wasn't too keen on her new sleeping arrangements. 

Finally, everyone was alseep, but would wake again at 5:00 am. Big M was so excited about her new room, Little M was awake since E was crying because she woke up and realized she was in her old room.  So, I think it's safe to say....naps for everyone today!


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...