Friday, May 8, 2015

My Little Girl Becomes a BIG Girl!




We have made it a tradition in our house that on my daughter's 5th birthday & before starting Kindergarten, she can get her ears pierced if she so chooses. The tradition all started because I got my ears pierced right before I turned 5 and started Kindergarten.  I have the mindset that they are old enough at that point to decide on their own if that is something that they would be interested in doing as well as giving them a little responsibility {cleaning their ears and turning their earrings}. They are also old enough to have memories of getting it done.

I have been fortunate enough to be able to take 2 out of my 3 daughters to the same store, Claire's, where I got my ears pierced, so long ago.  It is just a fun little experience that we can share just between us.

So, Little M picked out a pair of very pretty Elsa earrings and sat very still on the very high chair. They had to pierce them one ear at a time.  She sat waiting while the girl marked her ears & prepared the earrings. She never flinched, but her eyes looked like she was worried after the first earring was in. She was very brave! And, the store clerk commended her for how great she did.



Since, she had selected the Frozen collection of earrings, she got an Olaf necklace as part of the package. She also got a sucker and a sticker. It was turning out to be well worth a little pain.



As we walked out of the store, she looked at me and said "I can't believe that I just got my ears pierced!" She had the biggest, proudest smile on her face. It made me melt! I was so proud of her and just in awe of how big she was getting.


I will be a mess when she starts kindergarten in the fall!

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...