Sunday, June 28, 2015

Mom's Minute #6-- Jenny


I saw this type of feature on a few other blogs and absolutely loved the idea of celebrating Moms.   I know that we are very busy being mom and we sometimes forget about ourselves. So, I would like to take the opportunity to honor you as a woman & as a mother.

I created Mom's Minute to introduce the world to the woman behind it all. Because you are an amazing person, not just a mom.

So it is my pleasure to introduce... Jenny



Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm the oldest of 8 kids and I never planned to get married and have kids. I got married at 21 and had my first child when I was 24 (married with kids before most of our friends were married). We didn't plan our first child but after one didn't want to wait too long to have more. Now I have 3 and I'm hoping for a 4th. 


What is your favorite food?
I love a good BBQ rib. I'm not really good at making my own but there's a few places, including a little local restaurant, that make awesome ribs.

 How would you describe your clothing style
 My style is pretty classic. Most days it's jeans and a t-shirt. I love GAP clothing, and if it's a classic style I'll probably wear it. 

What was one thing you did regularly before having children?
Reading, I love to read. Some of my favorite authors are Charles Dickens and James Fenmore Cooper, not terribly easy authors to read with constant interruptions. These days, I just collect books, with the intention of reading them. I've been working on Charles Dickens Old Curiosity Shop since my youngest was born - he just turned 2 - and I'm halfway through it. Another 2 years and maybe I'll finally finish! After that, I have a whole set of James Fenmore Cooper's seafairing tales to read, and if I get bored I can always read the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (I think I'm somewhere in the middle of chapter 2 right now). I'm still doing some reading these days, but not as regularly as I'd like.

Describe your parenting Style...ie strict, structured, laid back, easy going
Back to that 7 younger siblings thing, I'm really pretty laid back as a parent. I have rules, but unless it's a breach of etiquette or harmful I'm going to think about it a second before I respond. Politeness, consideration of others, and teaching self-management (such as cleaning your own room, brushing your teeth, not running out in the road, etc.) are my main goals. I'm a big fan of cause & effect. If you hit your brother and he hits you back, you're both even, both apologize and no more hitting.


           
Tell us about a proud mommy moment.
My proudest moment was when another mom told me that I had really helped her be less stressed as a mom. We enjoy hanging out and I think just seeing that my kids aren't perfect either helped her relax and enjoy being a mom instead of being constantly stressed about what her child was doing.

What is the hardest thing about being a mom?
Not having time for all my goals. I've had to pick and choose a few to keep and put the others on the back-burner for the time being. Maybe when the kids are older, or maybe not. But it's always sad when there's an opportunity that I would love to take but I just can't because there's just not time in my schedule.

What is something that you have learned from your children?
 I've enjoyed being a mom way more than I expected. I love how children are constantly asking questions, pushing the limits, and seeking to know more about life.

If you would like to learn more about Jenny check out her blog 
Chocolate N Children. You can chat with her Facebook or Twitter or follow her on Pinterest and Instagram.


I would love to celebrate you,  so if you are interested in being featured on Mom's Minute please Contact me or tweet me @MrsSheetsandCo to find out more! 


XOXO

Randi



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...