Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Getting Swimsuit Ready: Workout Diary Series-- Week 2

Please join me on  Instagram and Facebook to keep up with our most recent projects and sneak peeks!  





WEEK 2:

This week I stepped up my running and increased my distance to around 4 miles. My furthest distance had only been 3.2 miles to this point, so this was a big accomplishment for me.  I really wanted to start seeing results and for me, running is the way to do it.  I use Map My Run to track my runs.  






After having run over 4 miles a couple of days consecutively, I quickly learned that not all running shoes are created equal.  The balls of my feet began to hurt around 3 miles.  So, I decided it was time to look at getting new long distance running shoes. 

So I headed over to Runners World Shoe Finder



The shoe finder is nice because you answer a short questionnaire.  Based upon your responses several shoes are recommended for you. 

For me the Brooks Launch 3 was suggested. It is has midsole cushioning, maximum ventilation to keep feet cool and dry and the added rubber in the forefoot gives an extra-springy push-off.


The few times I have ran with them, I can tell a difference. Of course, I will know more after they have been broken in.  

And I am happy to report that after 2 weeks, I have lost 3 pounds and am definitely starting to see results. My clothes are starting to hang differently.  So, I am now more motivated than ever to keep going.

Please keep following along and share your results and experiences. 

Next week, I will be sharing some of my favorite sports bras.  Running definitely revels the amount of support you have and like shoes, not all sports bras are created equal.  I have a couple of my favorites that I want to share with you.



XOXO    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...